Not A Lifetime Pretender

Hiding the real me is very hard on my part
There are schemes I can't let out in my heart
There were things I was used to but now I can't do
Because I'm afraid of criticisms they might tell so.



Every other day that comes is another day of lies,
Another day of deceit, and another day of being wise.
Should I stop wearing masks on my face?
Or I will still hide and just continue this pretense.



Am I concealing myself or I just wanted to change it?
I don't know, I'm confused, don't want to think about it.
There are things inside of me for a long time I want to keep
But I know they'll haunt me like nightmares when I'm asleep.


I realized I'm giving my life limitations
Always have to watch that I have the right actions.
Can't even move well in this shell where I hid
Can't even find my way out in this intricate labyrinth.


I have to find myself and stop pretending
For this is the only key to a new beginning
But before putting this poem to an end, I have something to utter
That I know in myself, I am not a lifetime pretender!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dula sa Likod ng Lente ng Buhay

Sing The Tune Of PEACE, Feel The Power Of HARMONY

How to unlove. . .